Thursday, January 5, 2012

Workin' like Mary Poppins

I'm back!!
But this time...
 rather than living in Rexburg and going to school, 
I'm back home and working to earn some money for next semester.

Fact #1: 
 I have a job.

Fact #2:
My job consists of 
nannying two two-year-olds (twins) and a six-month-old.
Talk about busy!!

But don't get me wrong, I really do love it. 
I started on Tuesday and it's great! Lots and lots of fun working with little kids!!
My only challenge = not feeding them all at once... 
otherwise, it's mayhem.

Yesterday lunchtime was so bad, I came home with the "badge of motherhood," as my mom calls it,
(a.k.a. spit-up, drool, food, etc. all down the front of your shirt)
and I wondered how people like Mary Poppins and professional nannies come out of those situations without a spot. I guess it's part of being a pro. 
Or keeping a change of clothes in your bag, which I might do at some point.

Really though, this job is a blessing.
 I don't want to brag, but I think it might be the best in the world.
1. I'm getting paid (hooray!).
2. I have something fun/rewarding to do all day, every week day.
3. I am learning sooo much about how to manage little kids/babies.
4. I have my evenings & weekends off.

Now for the downside...
I come home from work
So. Tired.

So all I want to do tonight (and have wanted to do the past two nights) is sit around in my pajamas, eat chocolate, and watch old classic movies.

I may need some intervention... I am on my way to eating a whole half of a Toblerone bar.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that! Maybe what you need is a carpet bag that holds an infinite amount of stuff XP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Just get yourself a magic bag and an umbrella that talks an you'll be set!
    A job i SUCH a blessing though, so I'm glad that you found a good one! Good luck!! :D

    ReplyDelete