If you have, by chance, wondered where I've been for the past two weeks, I've been in the kitchen.
At first it was serious cooking... (out of this fun cookbook!)
But lately I've just been messin' around, mostly.
I ran across this really cool healthier desserts blog called Chocolate-Covered Katie...
So far I've tried two recipes from it:
The Chocolate Bar Pie
and
Cookie Dough Dip.
Both are good, but I would have to say... I'd alter them a little bit if I were to make them again.
For one thing, I used semi-sweet chocolate in the pie when I think milk chocolate would be better,
and I used white kidney beans instead of garbanzo beans in the dip... BIG mistake.
I, personally, think the chocolate bar pie is really, really good for being "healthy," even
when it is made with semi-sweet chocolate.
Probably a 7.5 on the yummy scale. Milk chocolate would probably make it an 8.5 or 9.
(by the way, I used an oreo crust for the pie... so much for healthy, but all the same, yum!!)
As for the dip... I'm not sure if it's good, but I think I'm going to give it another try soon.
With garbanzo beans this time. :)
Hooray for experimental cooking!
I love it!!
P.S. Valentine's Day is around the corner... Yay!!
Lots of people my age dislike it because they're single, but I still like it even if I am single!
For me it's pretty much just Romance Appreciation Day, and when I think romances worth appreciating,
I think of...
well, you'll have to hear it from me on Tuesday... that is, if I remember to post.
But in case I forget, one of my favorites is:
Anne Shirley & Gilbert Blythe
They're adorable!!
The reason why I mention them, of all couples, is because I just listened (yes... I listen to books more than actually read them... I like to multi-task!!) to Anne of Avonlea and Anne of the Island while commuting half an hour almost everyday for the past month. I was mostly holding out till Anne finally admitted she was in love with Gilbert. And hey, come on--that's why we finish half the books we read! (ahem... Hunger Games Trilogy?)
The reason why I mention them, of all couples, is because I just listened (yes... I listen to books more than actually read them... I like to multi-task!!) to Anne of Avonlea and Anne of the Island while commuting half an hour almost everyday for the past month. I was mostly holding out till Anne finally admitted she was in love with Gilbert. And hey, come on--that's why we finish half the books we read! (ahem... Hunger Games Trilogy?)
No comments:
Post a Comment