The title of this post reminds me of, in the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice, when the married Mr. Collins proudly shows Elizabeth some shelves that Lady Catherine de Bourgh recommended he install in a closet of his "humble abode."
To his home improvement she says with an amused smile,
"Shelves in the closet? Happy thought, indeed."
Today was lovely.
Yesterday was lovely.
Tomorrow--because I will make it so--will be lovely!
Happy thought, indeed. ;)
This last semester I was introduced to a beautiful arrangement of the hymn, "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul," which has, since then, become a favorite of mine. There are a couple lines of the song though, that I absolutely love.
It says,
"Never can I repay thee, Lord.
But I can love Thee, thy pure word.
Hath it not been my one delight?
My joy by day, my dream by night."
I had never considered the Word of God to be my dream by night...
When I think of dreaming at night, I think of dreaming of far away places and thinking up fun stories as I fall asleep. But I had never thought to think of and find sleepily happy comfort in the Word of God, in my Savior. I thought that was such an interesting, but beautiful idea. Don't you?
Here's the whole song, including a narration at the beginning. I love listening to the narration before the song because it helps put the song into a context, and in a way, it makes the song that much more beautiful.
I love this.
What a blessing the Gospel of Jesus Christ is.
On other, random planes of thought,
I got my two top wisdom teeth extracted on Monday!
Recovery is going well, and I am not very puffy, thank goodness!
I am also grateful I never have to experience that again.
I was fully awake the entire time, though I did have a good dose of Novocaine. You've seen Brian Reagan's stand-up comedy sketch about "pressure," right? Well I felt plenty of that...
But it was pain-free, thank goodness!
I've been eating my fair share of ice cream though. I never thought I could have my fill of the stuff, but I think I might be nearing that point. :)
Today for lunch I had four pudding cups... I anxiously await the day I can eat "real" food again!!
Someone reading this might think that I should make misself a smoothie or something and take a healthy route, but honestly... who wouldn't take advantage of an excuse to enjoy a temporary diet of pudding and ice cream? ;)
Angela! I love your posts, they are worded so simply yet intelligent. You motivate me, and I do love that part on pride and prejudice. Also I love that song! I know I have heard that version somewhere, but I am glad you posted this. And I agree, eat all the ice cream and pudding you can! ;) haha...and this is Anna by the way, I just realized Im on my moms account but I am too lazy to logout haha
ReplyDeleteYou make me so happy, you sweet, lovely girl. :) I am so blessed to have you as a friend. I would never have known you if we didn't have the Gospel. Weird to think about, huh?
ReplyDelete