I love Devotional.
Today the speaker, Elder Zivic, spoke about persevering.
One quote I especially liked was,
"Strong men are like kites; they rise when opposing winds are strongest."
Another one was,
"The best way to predict the future is to create it!"
While I listened to him speak, I almost felt excited for trials to come so that I could apply the pieces of wisdom he gave me. Is that weird?
I feel like the theme for the past couple weeks, or more like semester, has been to push on and have the mentality,"I will survive, come what may."
Especially since last night I watched an amazing movie called 17 Miracles. I highly recommend it. It's about the Willie and Martin handcart companies and some of the miracles they experienced. I get chills just thinking about it!
If you think your lot is hard, you'll feel grateful for the amount you have after watching this little treasure!
And if you think about it, the stresses most people are dealing with are most likely not going to end their life, except in a few special cases.
And even then, if you have lived a life in line with the Gospel principles and teachings of Jesus Christ, then you have nothing to fear.
I love devotional.
It is so worth going every week.
I always feel better after going... it feels kind of like a mini General Conference in the middle of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment